If you run a small business, budgeting is key. It’s also important to lower costs whenever possible to increase your profits. A great way to save money while still growing your small business is through cloud services. There are a variety of cloud computing services available for small businesses including, managed IT services, IT support, workflow apps, and storage.
Improve Your Workflow
Efficiency is important for small businesses. Because you have a smaller team, you need to be able to get a lot of work done as quickly as possible. Improve the workflow of your team and make sure that important projects don’t fall through the cracks with a cloud service for project management or work manager.
Project management tools store your workflow in the cloud, so your employees can access it anywhere. You can see exactly what is on your team’s plate, assign out tasks, manage to-do lists, and share files. Members of your team can communicate back and forth easily to make sure everything is done correctly and on time.
- Asana is a popular workflow management application for any sized business. Every member of your team can see current, upcoming and completed projects. Create a list of goals and the necessary tasks to get everything done. Assign out work and track your team’s progress on a variety of projects. With priorities, deadlines, and tags, you can filter tasks and see what needs to get done first. A free version of Asana is available for teams of 15 or less, and the paid version is just $9.99 per month.
- Monday is another popular project management cloud app. You can manage your team, projects, tasks, and timelines all in one place. With status updates, all members of your team can see where there are blocks in the workflow and make corrections quickly. Monday is a versatile and customizable platform, so you can edit the processes to better fit your small business. This app is a visual tool that relies on colorful graphics and timelines. Monday offers a variety of plans starting at $17 per month for two users.
- Slack is the ultimate collaboration app in the cloud. Your team can send messages and files, keep up with projects, and have phone calls within one easy-to-use platform. Slack is accessible to your entire team, so it works wherever you do. A variety of companies, big and small, use Slack to stay organized and up-to-date. Small teams can try Slack for free, and paid subscriptions start at $6.67 per user per month.
IT Support & Data Storage
For small businesses, paying full-time IT employees can be too expensive. IT support is necessary for any business, but IT consulting or outsourcing to an IT company often carry high price tags. However, with cloud computing services, small businesses can benefit from managed IT services that don’t break the bank. IT outsourcing to cloud-based providers is becoming increasingly popular because it saves businesses money.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Small businesses can utilize IaaS cloud computing services to save costs and improve their IT functions. With an IaaS model, you do not need on-site servers or data centers, and you do not have to worry about storage or networking. Your provider will handle all of the IT infrastructure for your small business needs to be successful. Pricing for these services depends on how much support you need and how much you are able to do in-house.
- Rackspace provides managed cloud services for a variety of businesses. Their solutions include website hosting, email hosting, application management, migrating to the cloud, and more. If you are looking to outsource your IT functions, Rackspace is a reliable option.
- Amazon Web Services is a highly rated cloud computing provider. You can utilize their storage solutions for your small business. Amazon AWS is a scalable solution that can meet your needs at any stage of your business. They also include backup, storage, and disaster recovery for added security.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
With Software as a Service solutions, you can purchase software to run your business and have it managed by a SaaS provider. Your provider can handle all maintenance of your software, provide updates as needed, and fix any issues that arise.
- Acumatica provides a cloud ERP solution for small businesses. They help you utilize cloud computing to better run your business processes. You can operate your business from anywhere and have the flexibility to scale as your business changes. Your Acumatica provider will handle implementation, training, updates, and fixes along the way.
- Salesforce is a popular cloud computing solution that is known for its customer-relationship management (CRM) service. With Salesforce, you can keep all of your sales efforts, including leads, communications, tasks and more, in one convenient location. Anyone on your team can access it easily, and you can scale your services as needed.
Social media is extremely important for small businesses. You have to be able to connect with your customers, answer questions, and provide relevant information about your products and services. However, managing social media can be a time-consuming tasks and you might not have the employees necessary to keep up.
- Hootsuite is the most popular social media management service through the cloud. You can schedule all of your social media posts in one convenient place and monitor the reach and success of your content. Hootsuite offers a range of analytics and management tools to boost your social media posts. You can use a free 30-day trial to see if Hootsuite works for your team.
- Hubspot is a well-known marketing, sales, and service provider that utilizes the cloud. You can boost your social media presence, marketing efforts and more with services from Hubspot. They offer a lot of free resources for content creation, including blogs and social media, as well as paid solutions for additional support.
No matter what kind of small business you have, chances are you can benefit from cloud services. Cloud solutions make it easier to manage your business from anywhere and keep your team on the same page. With cloud computing solutions including, managed IT services, project management tools, and social media managers, you can improve efficiency within your small business while saving money.